It’s the holiday season and having friends, family and large gatherings at your home could be the norm. Although this is a joyous time of year, the possibility of pests appearing is not too far-fetched. This is the time of year where trash can pile up for a few days waiting on the garbage truck, and those pesky pests want to have their own party.
Pests that can spoil your holidays
Depending on where you live, this can be a huge problem. With sweets and other foods in abundance, attracting certain pests is almost guaranteed. Cockroaches, ants, and mice are common during this time of year. You may even encounter spiders and termites. Being proactive and taking the right steps can save you a few headaches. Getting tips from an exterminator can help.
Keeping the Pests Away
There are a few things you can do to keep your holidays happy and pest-free. Here are a few tips:
- Start at the grocery store. Make sure your packages are tightly sealed. Don’t be fooled – pests are everywhere and you may be disappointed if your items are already infected.
- Baking supplies should be stored in a sealed container to keep unwanted pests from contaminating your items.
- When purchasing a live Christmas tree, make sure you shake it out before bringing it into your home.
- If you use your fireplace, make sure your wood is kept away from your home.
- When handling food, make sure it remains covered at all times.
- Don’t leave empty plates and other trash lying around the house after it has been used.
- When discarding trash, make sure you keep it in a sealed trash can as much as possible.
Continuous maintenance is key, and getting the advice of a professional team like Arrow Exterminators will give you a headstart on being prepared. For more information on keeping your home pest-free during the holiday season, call the pros at Arrow Exterminating today!