It’s enough to make your skin crawl. Once you go to sleep, imagine tiny, creepy rodents rummaging through your kitchen pantry eating your food and scurrying around on your counters — the same countertops where you prepare your meals! They leave their nasty droppings everywhere and build nests in your walls and under your sink.
If you try to control your mouse problem yourself, it can take weeks or months to eradicate the problem, only to find that it recurs. On the other hand, a professional mouse exterminator can wipe out your mouse infestation problem fast — and prevent new mice from entering your home.
Reasons to Hire a Professional for Mouse Infestation
1) Mice spread diseases. Globally, mice and rats spread more than 35 diseases. Humans can contract these disease through contact with rodent urine, saliva, and feces, in addition to handling them directly or getting bitten by them. Rodents can also spread diseases indirectly through fleas, mites, or ticks.
2) Mice reproduce fast. Your mice problem can go from bad dream to a nightmare in what seems a blink of an eye. That’s because mice multiply year round. In fact, mice have about five to ten litters a year. What’s perhaps worse, is they have two to twelve pups with each litter.
So let’s do the math. 8 litters per year times 7 pups on average per litter equals potentially 56 mice! And that’s just in one year.
3) Mouse control experts know mice. They are experts on the social, mating, and eating behaviors of mice. They understand their travel patterns within the home, discover where they are living
4) Mouse control experts are trained. Mice control experts are trained in the most effective methods of mice infestation removal.
5) Pest control experts perform a thorough investigation for prevention. They find where mice are getting into your home, and take measures to seal off those little crevices, holes and cracks. One of the best reasons to hire a professional for your mice control problem is that once they take care of your mouse infestation, they take steps to prevent a future rodent infestation.
Hiring a Rodent Control Professional
Getting rid of mice in your house isn’t as simple as setting out traps or putting out poison. If you have pets or small children, those methods can be dangerous to them. If you find evidence of mice in your home, it’s best to contact an NYC rodent control professional for identification, removal, and prevention.
Professionals are trained not only to address current mouse infestations but also to prevent future mice from entering your home. You don’t have to share your home with mice. Call Arrow Exterminating Company, Inc. in the NYC metro area to rid your home of these destructive pests. We’ve been removing and preventing mice infestations in the New York City metro area for homeowners and businesses since 1947, and we can help you with your rodent problem too.