Cockroaches are one of the most dreaded pest problems, and for good reason. Not only does the very sight of a roach problem cause distress, but these pests are also known to spread bacteria and contaminate surfaces. As nocturnal insects, cockroaches are rarely seen during the day. For this reason, it’s important to know how to recognize the signs of an infestation. The three main signs of cockroaches are foul odors, droppings, and egg cases or skins.
Seeing a single roach in your home or business in Long Island is a sign you have an infestation on your hands. As soon as you spot the signs of roaches, it’s time to contact the cockroach exterminators at Arrow Exterminating.
Top Signs of Cockroaches in Long Island
Wondering if you have a cockroach problem in your home or business? Any of the following signs of cockroaches would indicate as much:
- Foul odors. Certain roach species are known to emit a musty, unpleasant odor that lingers and gets more pungent with more roaches.
- Egg cases or skins. Oothecae are brown casings that house up to 50 eggs and can be found before or after the eggs hatch in serious infestations. Roach skins are often seen where cockroaches are taking up shelter.
- Droppings. Resembling anything from tiny pepper specks to miniature pellets, a large amount of feces is a clear indicator of a cockroach infestation.
Need a Cockroach Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Do You Have a Cockroach Infestation?
If you’ve noticed any signs of cockroaches, you may have an infestation. Some additional things to know about cockroach infestations include:
- Roaches are nocturnal insects, which is why they scatter off toward dark corners when you turn on a light. They prefer dark, moist environments and avoid daylight.
- Cockroaches are infamous for their survival skills, and they can survive on a versatile diet. They will eat garbage, wallpaper paste, paper, bookbinding materials, and other organic materials.
- Roaches prefer to dwell in small, dark areas of a property. They’ll hide under the sink, in the walls, behind appliances, and even within cracks in the floor.
Noticing Roach Infestation Signs?
Cockroach infestations can grow to be huge in number, making it important to look out for the early signs of their activity. The roach removal team at Arrow Exterminating will conduct a thorough inspection of your property to determine where the roaches are and what may be the source of the cockroach infestation. For same-day services, contact our team today!Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Control – Removal