You work hard to maintain a lush, green Long Island lawn. The last thing you need is for some pests to come and destroy it. Don’t let your lawn become a living space for pests. At Arrow Exterminating, we provide exceptional lawn insect control to keep unwanted pests out.
Homeowners and businesses have relied on our lawn insect control services for over 70 years. We’re friendly, professional, and reliable. Our technicians will inspect your lawn, determine the type of pest you’re dealing with, and provide effective treatment.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
The Importance of Lawn Insect Control
There are various pests that can damage your lawn, some of which are resistant to common pesticides, including chinch bugs. This is why it’s important to work with a company experienced in lawn insect control. At Arrow Exterminating, our exterminators will work with you to implement a professional lawn insect control program to help prevent pest infestations.
Common Types of Lawn Pests
Below is a list of common lawn pests in the Long Island area.
- Grubs: grubs are one of the most damaging of lawn pests. Damage will begin with wilted grass blades, followed by brown patches and eventually dead grass.
- Chinch bugs: chinch bugs are sap-sucking pests that will suck on grass blades. When they feed, they produce a coagulant that causes grass to stop absorbing water, causing it to eventually die.
- Sod webworms: sod webworms eat grass blades and stems at night and hide during the day. Damage will include brown patches and tunnels at turf level.
- Armyworm: armyworms eat grass blades and entire stems, typically in the early morning, at night, or in the evening. As armyworms eat grass, they’ll create circular bare spots.
- Cutworm: cutworms feed on grass stems at night, biting them until they completely break off. Damage will include dead spots in your lawn.
Effective Lawn Insect Control
Lawn insect damage generally goes unnoticed until it’s too late. Fortunately, you can quickly control and prevent lawn insects by working with a lawn insect exterminator. At Arrow Exterminating, we have a unique knowledge of common Long Island lawn insects. We’ll treat your lawn using safe and environmentally friendly solutions so you and your family can continue to enjoy your outdoor space pest-FREE! Contact us today for our lawn insect control services.Back to Residential Pest Control