The best form of rodent control is prevention. To avoid the frustration and distress that goes hand in hand with a rat or mouse infestation, you need to learn how to rodent-proof your property! Rodents can be destructive, messy, and downright dangerous—some rodents carry a variety of diseases, and their droppings can pose a serious health hazard. Needless to say, you don’t want rats and mice invading your home or business.
At Arrow Exterminating, we believe that ongoing rodent prevention is the key to keeping rats and mice away from your Long Island home.
How to Keep Mice Away From Your House
The best rodent prevention is simply to stay on top of keeping a clean and orderly property. Our top tips for rat-proofing your home include:
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the home, using caulk, steel wool, expanding-foam insulation, or another product.
- Always store food in airtight containers and keep tight lids on garbage cans.
- Avoid extra moisture in your basements, attics, and crawl spaces. Store all items in these areas in plastic bins and keep the space tidy.
- Install screens over vents and chimney openings. Repair damaged screens on doors and windows.
- Work with a professional rodent exterminator. A professional can locate all vulnerabilities to rodents and perform regular inspections.
Need a Rodent Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How Do Rodents Get Inside?
For the best rodent prevention, it’s important to understand how they got inside in the first place. Similarly to other pests, rats and mice are compelled to get indoors in search of food and shelter. They will find their way in through small cracks, holes, or in openings where pipes and wires are fed indoors. Rodents are commonly found in walls, attics, basements, and other dark, cluttered areas of the property. Due to the fact that rodents can so easily squeeze their way inside, it’s important to implement rat-proofing into your normal routine.
Professional Mouse & Rat Prevention
If you are struggling to prevent rodent problems in your Long Island home or business, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional rat or mouse exterminator. The experts at Arrow Exterminating know how to keep rodents out of your home for good. To learn more about or get a free quote on our rodent prevention services, contact us today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators