Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away?
To keep bed bugs away, it’s crucial to avoid bringing them into your property. Bed bugs are not picky and will infest any property.To prevent bed bugs:
- Know the signs of bed bugs.
- Be wary of buying used items.
- Be cautious when traveling.
- Take precautions at home.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Away
To keep bed bugs from taking up residence in your home, there are several things you can do.
- Recognize the signs of a problem early on. Bed bugs will leave dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery. Their bites can leave blood spots on bedding and red, itchy marks on your skin.
- Before bringing used items into your property, thoroughly inspect them for signs of bed bugs.
- Cover power outlets with a plug and cover your mattress with a protector to take away bed bugs’ top hiding places.
- When traveling, inspect your hotel room and take care when unpacking your suitcase upon returning home.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Preventing a Bed Bug Infestation in Long Island
In addition to the above tips, there are several more general ways you can help lessen the risk of a bed bug problem in your property. Vacuum frequently and reduce clutter in your home to reduce hiding places for bed bugs. Be careful about using shared laundry facilities or laundromats. If you live in a dorm or apartment building, take extra care in safeguarding your home from bed bugs.
Bed Bug Prevention 101
It can be difficult to know what the best way to prevent bed bugs is. In sum, it’s smart to stay proactive at all times. Whether you’re traveling, have a college student coming home from school for the holidays, or have a neighbor with a bed bug problem, it’s important to take every step possible to keep bed bugs out of your property.