Do DIY mouse traps work?
From snap traps to bait stations, various rodent control products are readily available at your local department store. Additionally, there are numerous homemade alternatives you can craft yourself. DIY mouse traps can prove efficient, provided you are well informed about their proper setup and safe use. We’ll discuss the best options and offer guidance on when and where to deploy them effectively.
Types of Homemade Mouse Traps
There are several types of homemade mouse traps you can create using readily available materials. Here are a few effective options:
- Bucket Trap: Place a deep bucket beneath a ramp with bait on the end. When the mouse goes for the bait, it falls into the bucket.
- Toilet Paper Roll Trap: Place a baited roll on the edge of a countertop. When the mouse climbs onto it, it will spin and drop into a container below.
- Bottle Trap: Cut the top off a plastic bottle, invert it, and secure it to the bottle’s body. Place bait inside, and the mouse will enter but struggle to exit.
- Paper Plate Trap: Create a tunnel by propping up a paper plate with a pencil, leaving bait under the plate. When the mouse enters the tunnel, remove the pencil, and the plate will fall.
- Bucket and Spoon Trap: Balance a spoon on the edge of a bucket with bait on the end of the spoon. When the mouse reaches for the bait, it will fall into the bucket.
Remember to check these traps regularly and release or dispose of captured mice safely.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Dangers of Rat Poison
Whether you purchase it from a store or attempt a DIY approach to rat poison, it’s crucial to recognize that poison-based traps can pose risks beyond rodents. These products, including store-bought ones containing harmful chemicals, are designed to be toxic to rodents. However, they can also be hazardous to humans, especially if you have small children or pets. For the safety of your family and pets, we highly advise consulting with a rodent control expert before considering poisonous-based solutions.
Best Way to Trap Mice
While some DIY rodent control methods may show promise, eradicating rodents is a challenging endeavor. The longer an infestation persists, the more difficult it becomes to manage, and the higher the risk to your health and property. Opting for professional mouse control is the most effective way to address an infestation.
Licensed rodent exterminators possess specialized tools and tactics for swift rodent removal. They also have the expertise to strategically deploy traps, ensuring excellent results without compromising your family’s well-being. If you aim to maintain a mouse-free property, trust Arrow Exterminating to deliver long-lasting solutions. Call today!