What are the signs of a termite infestation?
Termites can be tough to spot, so it’s valuable to know how to recognize the signs of a termite infestation. Unfortunately, damage might not become noticeable until a colony is mature.
You want a stop a termite infestation way before a colony is mature, so always be on the lookout for these termite warning signs:
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Damaged and/or hollow wood
- Wings shed by reproductive termites
- Swarmer termites inside or out
- Mud tubes
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
Signs of Termites on Long Island
There are two ways to know if you have termites: by seeing the termites themselves, or signs of the damage they cause. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to see the termites themselves because they’re usually deep inside your structure.
That’s why it’s important to take these top ten termite warning signs seriously and contact a pest control company as soon as possible:
- Termites leave droppings (also known as frass) that look like tiny pellets
- Reproductive termites shed wings in large numbers, so if you see a pile of wings that’s a strong indication of the presence of termites
- If you see swarming termites outside your home, that might mean termites are already inside
- Holes in your walls
- Mud tubes
- Cracks near the home’s foundation
- Blisters in wood floors
- Peeling paint
- If you knock on wood and hear a hollow sound, it could be termites
- Flaky wood
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Do I Have a Termite Infestation?
Look for the signs that a termite infestation is happening, but you’ll want to hire a pest control professional to come take a look and confirm.
Once an active termite infestation is confirmed, the expert termite exterminators at Arrow Exterminating can quickly eliminate them, and then we’ll work with you on preventative measures to keep them away.