Do I Have Bed Bugs?
Dark spots and blood marks on your bedding are often the first sign that bed bugs are present. Here are several other signs that you may be dealing with a bed bug infestation:
- Small red or brown spots on mattresses, walls, and upholstery
- Discarded bed bug exoskeletons
- Bed bug eggs or broken eggshells
- Itchy red bumps on the skin
- Unpleasant, musty stench (caused by bed bug scent glands)
More Signs of Bed Bugs
Most bed bug infestations get noticed when a person sees the bites on their skin. However, the bites don’t leave itchy, red bumps on everyone. Some people aren’t bothered by them.
Some other clear signs of a bed bug population lurking nearby are bed bug exoskeletons and eggs. Their feces also leave dark spots anywhere they’re active.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How To Inspect For Bed Bugs
If you think there’s a possibility you have bed bugs in your home, there are several steps that you can take to inspect your property further:
- Strip your bed and look at the edges, seams, and sheets. Check around for live bed bugs, eggs, and nymphs
- Look at the box spring for bed bug activity
- Investigate other places, like behind wallpaper and in electrical outlets
- If you don’t find any bed bugs, consider setting an alarm to get up at night to check the same areas
Is It “Just a Few Bed Bugs,” or Is It an Infestation?
Generally, there’s no such thing as having only a few bed bugs in your home. Seeing a few bed bugs typically means you’re already dealing with a full blown infestation. The only question is figuring out where they are.
It’s a good idea to hire a professional at this point because they can analyze the problem and come up with an effective solution. DIY bed bug solutions often only treat part of the problem, allowing bed bugs to regroup and reinfest in a matter of days or weeks.
Still can’t tell if you have bed bugs? Then we recommend hiring a professional bed bug exterminator your property and assess if any further steps are needed.