How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Long Island
Bed bugs can be an unpredictable pest problem, but it’s important to know how to prevent them. Knowing the signs of bed bugs, being cautious of used items, taking precautions while traveling is three of the main ways to prevent bed bugs.To prevent a bed bug infestation, there are several things to do:
- Inspect hotel rooms and take care of luggage while traveling.
- Protect your bed with mattress covers.
- Declutter your property as much and as often as possible.
- Be wary of bringing used furniture inside.
- Learn the signs of a bed bug problem.
Can Bed Bugs Be Prevented?
Even the most well-kept, cleanest property can become the subject of a bed bug infestation. It can be difficult to prevent a bed bug infestation, as they’re often quite random. However, there are a number of ways you can stay vigilant about protecting yourself and your family from bed bugs all year long! By staying educated about the very real threat of bed bugs, you can lessen the risk of having a problem down the road.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Easy Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs in Your Home
Thankfully, there are several ways you can successfully stay safe from bed bugs.
- Recognize the signs of bed bugs. Look for fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites.
- Be cautious of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect second hand items before bringing them indoors.
- Cover your power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug to eliminate their chances of getting in.
- Protect your mattress. Using a cover that is resistant to holes and tears can help protect your bed from bugs!
- Take travel precautions. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and always store your suitcase above the ground.
- Regularly clean and inspect! Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check pet beds, and keep a clutter-free environment.
What Attracts Bed Bugs in Long Island?
As mentioned previously, even the cleanest property can come down with bed bugs! Once they’ve infested your property, though, there are several things that attract them to take up residence. They are not attracted to dirt or grime, but rather warmth and blood! As long as they have a host to feed on, bed bugs will infest any residence.