How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Long Island?
If you notice early warning signs of termites or have a neighbor with an infestation, it’s important to know you can still prevent termites from spreading. This is best accomplished by making your home less attractive to termites.
Start by getting rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes. Clean up debris and make sure you’re not storing any wood on the soil. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away to stop them from spreading.
Tips to Stop Termites From Spreading
There are several things you can do to make your Long Island property less attractive to termites:
- Store piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and get rid of any wood that is decaying
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard
- Eliminate standing water in or near the home
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, clean gutters regularly, and don’t use too much mulch
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.