How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Long Island?
If you notice early signs or termites or have a neighbor with an infestation, it’s important to know how you can prevent termites from spreading in or to your home! This is best done by making your home less attractive to termites.
To prevent termites, get rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away who can stop the infestation from spreading.
Tips to Stop Termites From Spreading
To prevent termites in the first place, there are several things you can do to make your property less attractive to termites in Long Island. Here’s how:
- Store piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home. Quickly fix leaky faucets or broken water pipes.
- Make sure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Will I Get Termites From My Neighbor?
Just because your neighbors have termites does not mean you will get them. However, it’s a good reason to take matters into your own hands and invest in regular prevention services. Get a termite inspection, and begin to implement termite preventative measures. If you begin to notice the signs of termites, always contact a professional. A termite exterminator such as Arrow Exterminating can stop early termite activity and keep them from spreading further in or around your home.